With the plethora of video streaming applications available like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar, Hulu, etc., our TV watching experience has changed drastically in the last decade. The amazon fire stick is a video streaming device sold by Amazon which lets you stream video, install apps, play music, etc. on your TV. It is true that Amazon Fire Stick is a very easy-to-use device. However, getting starting with it can be a bit tricky job for some users. If you are also one of those users who are finding it difficult to use Amazon Firestick then this post is just for you. Here, we will discuss how you can set up Amazon Fire Stick with ease and stream your favorite videos.
Amazon Fire Stick System Requirement
Before you configure Amazon Fire Stick with your TV, it is important for you to ensure that you have the following things with you.
- A compatible TV: Obviously, it is the main requirement. It is necessary for you to have a TV with an HDMI port in order to use the Fire Stick.
- Internet Connectivity: Please note that the Fire Stick doesn’t have internet connectivity of its own. In order to stream videos through the Amazon Fire Stick, it is important for you to have an uninterrupted internet connection.
- An Amazon Account: In case you have bought Firestick from your Amazon account then it will come automatically registered. Otherwise, you have to register your Amazon Fire Stick to your Amazon account.
Those who have the three things mentioned above are ready to start using Amazon Fire Stick out of the box.
How to set up Amazon Fire Stick?
If you have purchased Amazon Fire Stick recently and don’t know how to set it up then you should relax because we are here to help you. Go through our tutorial walkthrough given below in order to set up and run your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
1st Step – Attaching the Amazon Fire Stick
- First of all, you need to pick up your Amazon Fire TV Stick. In this stick, you will find an HDMI port and a micro USB port.
- Plug the USB cord into the micro USB port for your Amazon fire stick.
- Plug the other end of the USB power cord into the Power Adapter.
- After that, you have to connect the power adapter to a power outlet.
- Next, you just need to plug the Firestick into any HDMI port on your TV.
Note: Make sure you remember the port number to which you are plugging your Amazon Fire Stick. Knowing the port number is important because you have to select the corresponding HDMI port number after turning on your TV.
- Turn on your TV and select the corresponding HDMI port as mentioned in the last step.
- Wait for the fire stick to load. In the meantime, you can insert the batteries into the remote. The remote should get paired automatically. In case the remote do not pair then you must press the home button continuously for 10 seconds.
- Next, press the play/ pause button to begin the set-up process.
- Now, Amazon Firestick will ask you to choose the language of your preference. To choose the language your just have to highlight the language using navigation keys on your remote and press “Ok”.
2nd Step – Connect Amazon Fire Stick to Wi-fi
- Next, Amazon Firestick will scan the available Wi-fi networks in its range.
- Select Wi-fi from the list of available networks and enter your SSID along with the password.
3rd Step – Register your Amazon Firestick with your Amazon Account
- In this step, you have to connect your Amazon FireStick with your amazon account.
- Please note that you have to do this step only if you haven’t purchased the fire stick from amazon.
- Those who have purchased from amazon will get a pre-registered fire stick. However, you may de-register it if you want.
- Registering the fire stick is very easy, you just have to follow the on-screen instructions.
4th Step – Finishing up the configuration process
- Once you are done with the registration, firestick will ask you whether you want to save the wi-fi password or not.
- It’s a smart idea to select, “Yes” to allow devices to quickly connect to your wifi network in case you have multiple amazon devices registered to your Amazon account.
- Here, you can also enable the parental controls on your fire stick in case you want to do so. You just have to click on the unable parental controls button on the next screen. You have to set up a new PIN on the next window. In case, you don’t want parental controls, you may proceed by clicking no parental controls.
- In the next step, you have to click get started and select the apps/ streaming services that you want to install on your firestick. Those who wish to install later may click “No Thanks”.
Please note that the setup process is completed for those who are using a firestick second generation with no power and volume buttons on the remote. In case you have the latest fire stick with TV control buttons than you are required to pair the firestick remote with TV
How to pair Amazon Fire Stick Remote with TV?
Given below are the steps by which you can pair the amazon fire stick remote with your TV.
- Press Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together on your remote pointing it towards your TV.
- Then, click “Yes” if you hear the pairing sound. In case, you do not hear any sound then you must click “No” to repeat the process.
- You will receive the following message “Your fire TV remote is now successfully set up” once the configuration process gets over.
Install and use Amazon FireStick Apps
There is no use of Amazon Firestick if it doesn’t have your favorite video streaming applications like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc. Thanks to Alexa, it is very easy to install applications on the Firestick. Instead of typing through the on-screen keyboard, you can simply give your voice commands to search the application. Follow the steps listed below in order to install applications in Amazon Fire Stick Application.
- First of all, you need to press the microphone button on your remote and say “Alexa search for the (name of the app) app”.
- Next, choose the application you are looking to install from the search result.
- Click on the “Get” button followed by “Open”.
- Once, the application gets installed, you may click “Open” to proceed.
What if Amazon Fire Stick Activation Code not working 2021
Different video sharing apps are required to be activated on the Amazon Fire Stick. This requires you to copy a unique Activation code from your TV and provide it on the website of video streaming service. The process of activation is different for various services. Given below are the steps by which you can activate the PBS video streaming service through Amazon Firestick. The following steps are also helpful for other video streaming apps as well.
- First of all, you have to download the PBS Video app to your Amazon Fire device.
- The message to activate the service will appear on your screen as soon as you open the application.
- Here, you need to choose the “Activate Now” option.
- The activation instruction will then appear on your screen along with a 7 digit activation code. Note this activation code as it will be required in the next step.
- Next, go to the official website of PBS Video using your computer “pbs.org/activate”
- Enter the unique activation code of your Amazon fire stick in the “Activate Code” and then select “Continue”.
- After that, you have to login with your PBS account or Facebook/ Google account.
- That’s it, your device is now activated successfully.
Please note that we have provided the Amazon Firestick activation process 2021 on PBS video just to give you an example. In fact, the activation process is quite similar on other video streaming apps as well.
How to use your Mobile Device like an Amazon Fire TV Remote?
Sometimes, finding your TV remote can be a mess. That’s Amazon Fire TV has a feature that allows you to use your mobile device as a remote. Here’s how you use this feature.
- To start with, you need to connect your mobile device to the same network as your Amazon Fire TV device.
- Next, run the fire TV app on your mobile device.
- Choose the available device on the screen.
- After the setup process will take place in which you just have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- You may use the on-screen navigation, keyboard, and other menu options to control the selected Fire TV device.
- Once the setup process gets completed, you can use your Mobile device like an Amazon Fire TV remote.