Best services are offered by AT&T whether you are talking about mobile service, internet service, TV service, etc. These services are praised by the users as they are easy to set up and use. Once can easily activate AT&T services on their own if they know the right steps to do so. You can activate your phone or SIM card online if you purchased it with a new wireless account, upgraded it to latest version or added a new line. No activation code for AT&T services is required. In this article, the steps for AT&T Activation 2021 for different devices have been discussed for the benefit of the users.
Activate AT&T phone or SIM card
Before you proceed with activating your AT&T phone or SIM, make sure that it is not already activated. For this, try placing a call from your SIM or try browsing the web without using Wi-Fi. In case you are unable to make a call or browse the web you need to activate your new phone or SIM card online. Steps for the same are given below:
- Go to official website of AT&T www.AT&T.com/getstartedbiz.
- Click on ‘Activate your device’ button.
- On the page that appears, enter the required information.
- Tap the Continue button and follow the instructions on the screen to complete your activation.
Problem in online AT&T activation
In case of any difficulty, make sure that the SIM card is inserted properly in your device. Follow the steps given below to insert the SIM correctly in your device.
- Go to Device Support.
- Select ‘Confirm’ or ‘Change your device’.
- Go to View All Solutions and click on Insert SIM Card.
If you are still unable to complete the activation process online, you can either contact AT&T customer support or visit an AT&T store.
Activation of AT&T device replaced by insurance
If you have the SIM card from your old phone, insert it into your new one and check whether it is already activated or not. If not already, follow the instructions given below to activate AT&T device replaced by insurance.
- After you have received your replacement device, first of all charge it to its full potential.
- Once it is completely charged, you can either replace or activate your SIM card
- For existing physical SIM- If you are reusing a SIM, simply insert it into your replacement device and follow the steps discussed above.
- For new wireless physical SIM- You need to call AT&T ProTech to get help with activation and setup.
- For eSIM- If your new device supports 2 phone numbers, your replacement will include a physical AT&T SIM card plus eSIM capability. You need to contact ProTech to activate & set up your replacement device and your eSIM, if you plan to use both numbers.
Activate an eSIM for my iPhone XS and newer models
For iPhones already on an AT&T wireless plan follow the step by step instructions given below to activate eSIM on your iPhone:
- Download your eSIM over Wi-Fi.
- Activate it online.
- Go to the settings of your device.
- You can see one of the following options depending on the device you have:
- AT&T Cellular Plan Ready to be Installed
- If you see the first option, select it and click on Continue button. Follow the instructions on the screen to activate your SIM.
- If you see the second option, select it and click on Add a plan button. Follow the instructions on the screen to activate your SIM.
Activate AT&T Wireless Internet
To enjoy the features of the new Wireless Internet service of AT&T, you need the SIM card and IMEI numbers to activate your service. You can find these details printed on the back of your device box. Follow the steps given below to activate AT&T Wireless service.
- Go to Activate Your Device page.
- Follow the prompts shown on the screen to complete the activation process.
- Enter the information required on the screens:
- SIM/ ICCID & IMEI number
- Select the rate plan.
- Add optional packages.
How to transfer contacts and content to your replacement device?
Once you activate AT&T replacement device, what you look forward to do is transfer your contacts and contents to the replaced device. If you are looking for the way to do so, below are given the same.
For Apple devices
First of all, make sure that you have the latest iOS software version on your old device. To check this, go to Settings of your device and tap on General. Click on the Software Update option. If you see Download and Install, download the latest version. Now, using Apple QuickStart, you can transfer your contacts from iOS to iOS. For Android to iOS transfer, use AT&T Mobile Transfer app.
For Android devices
You can transfer data to a new Android device by using Google Cloud. To do this, tap the start button on your new phone and sign in to Google Cloud when prompted. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the transfer. For Samsung device, you can make the transfer using Smart Switch. For Android to other devices, you need to use AT&T Mobile Transfer app.
AT&T Mobile Transfer mobile app for data transfer
Make sure both phones are compatible with the AT&T Mobile Transfer app. If they aren’t, learn about other ways to transfer contacts and content. Compatible devices include iOS® – 8.0 and higher and Android® – 5.0 and higher
- Connect your old phone and new phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download the AT&T Mobile Transfer app on both phones.
- Open the AT&T Mobile Transfer app:
- On your old phone: From this phone will appear on your screen. Select that button and follow the steps until you see a barcode. You’ll use it to make the transfer.
- On your new phone: When To this phone shows on your screen, select the button and follow the steps until you see a barcode reader.
- Scan the code on your old phone with the barcode reader on your new phone. This links both devices.
- Follow the prompts to transfer your info.
Things to do before activating AT&T phone
Before starting the activate of AT&T phone, it is suggested that you check the following things:
- Find your AT&T phone number on your Order Confirmation slip that came in your shipment.
- Find your IMEI and SIM (ICCID) numbers.
- Transfer your contacts, photos, and videos from your old device to your new device.
- Use the SIM that came with your new phone to have the best possible experience. If you use another SIM card, you may not be able to utilize some features of your new phone.
- Look for your SIM (ICCID) number on your box or SIM card holder.
Your phone is now ready to be activated.
- You can also set up a phone if you didn’t buy it from AT&T. However, such device must be unlocked and compatible with AT&T network.
- No AT&T activation code key is required for carrying out the activation process.