Comcast email which is also known as Xfinity email is one of the finest email services available today. It has got some amazing features that make it immensely popular among users. The best thing about Xfinity email is that you can use it with almost every device be it a PC, Mac device, Android or iPhone. However, we must not forget that there is no email service that is completely free from errors and glitches. Every now and again, we can see user complaining that their Comcast Email not working on iPhone.
There are multiple ways by which you can use your Comcast email account on iPhone. You can check emails via Comcast webmail on safari, use Xfinity Connect app or set up Comcast email on iPhone using IMAP/ POP. It doesn’t matter how you check Comcast email, if your Comcast email on iPhone not working then you can miss some very important emails. In this tutorial, you will find reasons behind the Comcast email problems on an iPhone and the steps by which you can fix them.
Why your Comcast Email stopped working on iPhone?
It is very difficult for us to point out a single reason why your Xfinity email not working on iPhone. However, there are a few primary factors that are responsible for a lot of Comcast email issue on iPhone as given.
- Using Comcast.net email using an incompatible browser on iPhone.
- Incorrect Comcast IMAP settings iPhone
- Xfinity Connect email problems due to using an outdated app
- Making a typing mistake while entering Comcast POP settings
- Comcast emails not being received on iPhone due to a low storage space.
- Malware or virus infection in your iPhone
- Missing iOS updates can also result in Comcast not responding issue.
- Entering inaccurate information when you configure apple mail 11 for Comcast email.
- It is also possible that Xfinity email is not working on iPhone because of your weak or slow internet connection.
Please note that these are just the handful of common problems that may occur in using a Comcast email account on iPhone. It is not necessary that your Comcast / Xfinity email account isn’t working on iPhone only because of these reasons. In fact, there are various other factors as well which can result in Xfinity email issues on an iPhone.
Steps to Fix Comcast Email is not working on iPhone problem
You should opt for using Comcast Email on “Mail” app of your iPhone for the best experience. In case Comcast email isn’t working on “Mail” app of iPhone then you should check the steps given below:
- First of all, you should make yourself sure that your iPhone is connected to the internet. To check the internet connection, you should try to open Comcast.net website on the safari browser.
- After checking the internet, you should ensure that your Comcast email is properly configured on iPhone. You may also check Comcast email iPhone configuration given below in this post to ensure that you have set up Xfinity email on iPhone properly.
- Ensure that the Comcast login credentials provided by you are correct. In case you forgot Comcast email password then you should run Xfinity password recovery in order to get it back.
- Make sure there is enough storage space available on your iPhone for storing the new email messages.
- Sometimes, a simple restart of your iPhone can also help you get rid of the problem. You can simply restart your iOS device then check if the problem gets fixed or not.
- If you are regularly facing Comcast sign-in error even after entering the correct password then it is highly possible that your Comcast email got hacked. In such cases, you have to restore Comcast email account.
After going through these steps, your Xfinity email account should work properly on the Mail app of iPhone.
Comcast email settings iPhone
None of the iPhone models is immune to the Comcast email problems. It is quite normal to see user complaining issues like Xfinity email account not working on iPhone 5, Comcast email stops working on iPhone 6 etc. The steps to add Comcast email on iPhone is different for the different versions of the iPhone. However, the POP/ IMAP settings are the same for all iPhone models. Here are the Comcast IMAP settings for iPhone that you need to install on your device.
Incoming Mail Server Settings
- Incoming Server Host Name: imap.comcast.net
- Username: Enter the username of your Xfinity email account
- Password: Provide the Comcast email password
- Incoming Mail server port: 993
- Use SSL: ON
Outgoing Mail Server Settings
- Outgoing Mail Server Host Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Username: Enter the username of your Comcast email account.
- Password: Enter Xfinity password.
- Outgoing Mail server port: 587
- Use SSL: Yes
After entering this incoming/outgoing mail server information, it is very unlikely that you will face Comcast not sending & receiving email problem.
Xfinity Connect App not working
Another popular and effective way to access Comcast emails is using the Xfinity Connect App. But what if Xfinity Connect App stopped working itself? Well in such a scenario, you should try the steps given below:
- Make sure your iOS device i.e. iPhone, iPad, iPod touch fulfills all the system requirement of Xfinity Connect app.
- Also, ensure that you are using the latest version of the app. You should update the Xfinity Connect App if any update is available.
- You may clear the app data in case the problem continues.
Tips to use Comcast Email on iPhone in a better way
Although it is not possible to stop a Comcast email problem from occurring in an iPhone, you can follow the tips given below to use Xfinity/ Comcast on iPhone in an efficient way.
- It is a better idea to use IMAP Comcast email settings in order to add Comcast Email on iPhone as compared to POP settings. You get better flexibility with IMAP settings which result in less number of errors.
- Imagine if Xfinity email stopped working on iPhone all of a sudden and you need to check your Comcast emails urgently. In such a case, you can access Comcast webmail on iPhone via safari browser.
- You can also check the mobile version of Comcast webmail using the following URL: m.comcast.net.