If you are from the United States and currently subscribed to a TV provider then it is quite possible that you might know what Oxygen is. It is a value-added service that you get free of cost along with your regular TV Subscription. The oxygen app is compatible with many different platforms such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android, etc. However, to use the Oxygen app with Apple TV, Amazon TV, etc. you have to activate the same on the Oxygen website. In this post, we are going to show simple procedures to activate the Oxygen app on different platforms.
Oxygen App System Requirements
It is recommended that you should check the system requirements of the Oxygen app before checking the process to activate it on different platforms.
- An active internet connection: This is the most basic requirement. It is necessary for every user to have an active internet connection in order to use the Oxygen app. So, make sure your internet connection is working fine before activating oxygen application.
- Operating system requirement on a desktop computer: It is necessary to have any of the following operating systems on a desktop computer in order to watch full episodes – Windows 7, Windows 8.1, OS X Mountain Lion, Mavericks, and Yosemite
- Web browsers supported on a desktop computer: Currently, full episodes are supported only on the Google Chrome 10+, Firefox 13+, Safari 7+ – Mac Only, Internet Explorer 10+ web browsers.
Activate the Oxygen app on different Platforms
Currently, the Oxygen app is available on more screens than ever before. You can enjoy your favourite shows on Oxygen through various platforms including Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Mobile devices, etc. To use the app flawlessly, you are required to activate the same on different platforms.
Activate Oxygen App on Apple TV
Given below are the steps by which you can activate the Oxygen app on Apple TV with ease.
- First of all, you have to visit the App store on your Apple TV.
- Then, search for Oxygen Network App in the app store.
- Install the official app from the search result.
- After that, you are required to run the installed app.
- Next, an activation code will appear on your screen.
- In the next step, have to go to the following web address through a laptop, computer, or a mobile device i.e. http://www.oxygen.com/activate/appletv.
- After that, you must choose your device from the list.
- Enter the activation code that is appearing on your Apple TV screen.
- Finally, sign-in with your TV provider details, and enjoy your favourite shows.
How can I activate the Oxygen app on Amazon Fire TV?
It is also very easy to activate the oxygen app on Amazon Fire TV. All you need to do is follow the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you need to visit the Amazon app store on your Fire TV.
- Then, you are required to search an Oxygen network now app on the Amazon app store.
- Select the oxygen network now app from the search result and install the same.
- After that, you must run the app you have downloaded and installed.
- Now, the activation code will appear on the screen.
- Next, you need to visit the following website through a laptop, computer, or a mobile device i.e. https://www.amazon.com/NBCUniversal-Media-LLC-OXYGEN/dp/B01LW6TE8R
- You have to choose your device in the next step.
- Enter the activation that is displaying on your screen.
- Finally, log in with your TV provider details to watch videos.
How to activate Oxygen app on Mobile Devices?
Oxygen app works equally well on your mobile device as on a Television or laptop/ desktop. Here is how can get started with the Oxygen app on mobile devices.
- First of all, you have to download the Oxygen app on your mobile.
- The procedure to download the app depends upon the mobile phone you are using.
- Android users may download the Oxygen app through the Google Play store.
- The iPhone users need to download and install the Oxygen app via Apple play store.
- Run the application once you are done with downloading and installing the same.
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet and click on the “Get Started” button.
- After that, you have to sign-in using the username and password of your TV account.
- You may watch your favourite TV programs once you are logged in.
How can I watch Oxygen Live Stream Free?
In case you don’t want to download and install Oxygen app, you may still watch Oxygen live stream free. Follow the steps listed below in order to do so.
- To begin with, you have to visit the official website i.e. http://www.oxygen.com/live.
- Next, click on the “Watch live” button.
- Then, you need to choose your TV provider.
- Finally, sign-in with the login credentials of your TV provider. Your live streaming will begin as soon as you log in.
Oxygen App Activation code
As you can see in the process of Oxygen app activation on various devices, we have to provide our activation code on the oxygen website. Many a time, you can face problems like Oxygen Activation code not working, Activation code expired, etc.
- In order to fix these problems, you have to get the activation code once again.
- It is very easy to get the activation code once again. All you need to do is launch the app on your device i.e. Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, etc. once again.
- The new activation code will appear on your screen as soon as you launch the application.
- Make sure you enter the code on the oxygen website very carefully.
Unable to watch Oxygen app content using safari
Apart from the TV, you may also use the Oxygen app on a PC/ laptop using web browsers. However, some users also complain that they can’t watch the content of Oxygen on their safari 6.1.1 or latest browser. To fix this problem, you have to adjust your privacy settings a bit.
- First of all, click on the Safari menu item that is available at the top left corner of the web browser.
- Then, choose the “Preferences” option.
- Go to the top of the preferences window and click “Privacy”.
- Click on the “Always” radio button available next to the block cookies and other website data questions.
- Close all browser windows, once you are done with updating your preferences.
- Finally, restart your browser to save changes. Oxygen TV should now work fine.
Not able to play Oxygen videos on Google Chrome?
Google chrome is one of the most popular web browsers in the world. In case you are having trouble playing Oxygen videos on Google Chrome then you should check out the following troubleshooting steps.
- To begin, you need to open Google Chrome by double-clicking on its icon.
- Go to the top right corner of the browser and click on the “Customize and control Google Chrome” button.
- Next, choose “Settings” and click “Show Advanced Settings” from the bottom of the screen.
- After that, you should click on the “Content Settings” button available under privacy.
- Then, scroll down to “Unsandboxed plug-in access”.
- Click on the radio button next to the “Allow all sites to use a plug-in to access your computer” option.
- Close all windows of the browser, once you are done with making changes to settings.
- Restart your browser and visit the following website – http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager08.html
- After that, a page will display having Protected Content Playback Settings panel.
- On the next page, press the “Reset License” Files button.
- Finally, you should restart the browser and open the website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What is the cost of Oxygen App Service?
Answer: Nothing, it’s a free service.
Question – 2: Are Oxygen shows available in HD?
Answer: Yes, shows are available in full HD.
Question – 3: I am getting an error message when browsing with Internet Explorer 9?
Answer: Oxygen app supports Internet Explorer 9. However, its compatibility view feature is not supported. You can fix this problem by turning off the compatibility view mode.
- First, you need to choose “Tools” from the menu bar.
- Choose “Compatibility View Settings”. This will open a panel.
- Then, you need to uncheck all three options at the bottom of the panel.
- After that, you should select the close button in order to save your changes.
- Finally, just reload the page and “Enjoy”.
Question – 4: Do I need to download and install anything into my PC/ Laptop to watch full episodes?
Answer: Yes, you are required to update your video players along with their plug-ins to the latest version. Also, confirm that you have updated and installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.