Roblox is an online gaming platform that not only allows the users to play games but here they can program their own games as well. It can run on different devices and operating systems with great ease which makes it quite popular among the users. However, Roblox sometimes creates troubles for the users while playing games which can make the gaming experience a little sour. With the right knowledge, the basic issues of Roblox can be fixed by the users on their own. This article presents some easy ways in which the users can solve the Roblox not working issue.
System requirements for Roblox
Before you go any further, it is advised that the users make sure that their device meets the basic system requirements for running Roblox. The following system requirements are mandatory to be fulfilled.
Operating system requirements
- Windows: Windows 7, Windows 8/ 8.1 (no Metro Mode), or Windows 10
- Mac: 10.7 (Lion) and higher and Intel only Macs and Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) and above for Roblox Studio.
- Chrome OS: Chrome OS version 53 or above
- Apple iOS: iPad 2 or higher, iPhone 4s or higher and iPod touch 5th Gen, iOS 8 or greater
- Android: Android 4.4 and newer with an ARMv7 processor and no Tegra 2 chipset
- Amazon Fire OS: Kindle Fire HDX 7 (3rd Gen), Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (3rd Gen), Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Gen), Fire HD 6 & 7 (4th Gen), Fire HD 8 & 10 (5th Gen), and Fire (5th Gen) except Amazon Fire HD 2013
System hardware requirements
- Graphics Card: DirectX 9 minimum and Shader Model 2.0
- Processor: 2005+ processor with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or better
- RAM or Memory: 1 GB of memory on Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
- Storage Space: 20 Mb of system storage space
Basic troubleshooting measures to fix Roblox not working issue
Whenever you are caught in a situation where Roblox shows problems during running, you can try basic troubleshooting all on your own. Some simple solutions that the users can try to fix the Roblox not working issue are explained here.
How to fix general Roblox connection problems?
It might happen when you are trying to load online games in Roblox, you see an error message like ‘Could Not Connect’, ‘ID=17 Failure’, etc. This is a sign that you are facing connection problems with Roblox. Other symptoms include increased website loading time, games loading but not running or abrupt shutting down of games. HttpSendRequest failed: HRESULT 0x80072efd error is another sign that your Roblox is having difficulty in fetching certain information from its server.
There can be plenty of reasons why this connection problem is occurring and preventing users from playing online games. Once you find out the reason, fixing the Roblox not working issue becomes easier.
- Slow internet speed: In case there is some problem with your internet connection and is giving slow speed, Roblox will not work properly, especially if you are trying to play a heavy game.
- Firewall issues: Sometimes, a firewall installed in your system can cause Roblox not working problem.
- Problem with the game you are loading: Sometimes, the creator doesn’t build any part of any game and while loading that part, an avatar appears on the screen. Similarly, if there is a bad script or too many objects in the game, it might not load properly.
Simple ways for fixing Roblox not connecting to server issue
The steps following which the users can resolve the Roblox not working issue are provided below. It is suggested that you follow these measures in the sequence they are given here.
- Always use a supported browser: The browser you are using to open Roblox should be compatible with it and updated to its latest version. If the issue persists with your current browser, you can try switching to another browser.
- Windows users can try resetting their internet options: Sometimes, resetting your Internet Options can fix the issues with your browser, thus fixing the Roblox not working issues. Once you have reset the internet options in your browser try playing on Roblox again.
- Fix the security settings of your browser: The security settings on your browser must allow Roblox to run. If not already, you need to grant permission to your browser to allow running of Roblox.
- Make sure there is no problem with wireless connection: Problems with wireless connection is a major cause for Roblox not running issue. In case your wireless connection is not working properly, it is suggested that you switch to a wired connection if possible.
- Remove browser add-ons and plug-ins: Plug-ins, extensions, add-ons, etc added to your browser can create problems with Roblox. To fix this problem, all you need to do is remove such extensions. However, in case it is not possible to remove them, you can try disabling them temporarily. Also, make sure any ad-blocker has not been activated in your browser.
- Make sure the ports of your router are open: The router port used by Roblox should be kept open so that Roblox can connect to the router properly.
- Fix issues with your firewall and antivirus program: Antivirus, firewall and other similar programs often try to control the programs accessing the internet. To prevent such programs from interfering with Roblox, it is advised to temporarily disable them.
- Reinstall Roblox: If nothing else works, you need to uninstall Roblox and then reinstall it.
Roblox not working on Mac: Ways to troubleshoot this issue
If you are facing Roblox not working issue while opening it on your Mac device, a few things you can do to fix the issue are listed below.
- First of all, make sure that your Mac supports Roblox and meets the prescribed system requirements.
- If you are currently using the Safari web browser to open Roblox, try using other browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Check to make sure that the Roblox icon is currently on your Dock and the Roblox Application is showing in your Applications folder.
- In case you are unable to load your games from the website, try launching Roblox from the Dock.
- Delete the settings files and reset the Roblox settings. To do this go to Library-> Preferences and delete all of the Roblox com files. When the studio is launched again, settings will reinstall.
- See if uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox works in this case.
Solve Roblox stopped working issue by fixing firewall/ security programs and router
If your firewall or antivirus program is conflicting with Roblox, you can either turn it off temporarily or you can change their settings to allow Roblox to run in your device. Steps to do so are provided below.
- Firewall: Go to the control panel of your firewall program (find it in the taskbar of your desktop or in your Windows Control Panel) and find the program permissions section. Search for Roblox and allow it unrestricted access to the internet.
- Antivirus: If your antivirus or other similar program running in the background is preventing communication between Roblox and its servers update your program or add Roblox to its allow list.
- Routers: In case your router is blocking UDP packets on any port, Roblox will not work properly. To fix this issue, you need to look up the router’s manual and see how to unblock the ports. If you are running a DSL modem you need to contact your ISP to get them unblocked.
General Desktop Roblox Issues
General Roblox issues can arise while opening it on desktop. This may occur due to corrupt temporary files or other Roblox files, interference due to firewall/ antivirus or due to running Roblox while it is still installing. Here are some common symptoms of these issues:
- Your browser is unable to find Roblox.
- Roblox is stuck in an endless install loop and is directing the players to install Roblox, even after its successful download.
- When trying to connect to an online game Roblox or Roblox Studio crashes.
How to fix Roblox not working issues on desktop?
In case you arefacing some issues while playing on Roblox on your desktop, here’s how you can fix them. Please try each step below, one at a time, in order. If one solution doesn’t work, you can move on to the next.
- Restart your system and try opening Roblox. Many times, a simple restart of device fixes many issues including Roblox not working.
- Reset the internet options in your browser to see if this resolves the issue. After resetting, you should close your browser to allow the changes to take effect. After this try opening Roblox again.
- Make sure to clear your browser’s temporary internet files to avoid corruption issues.
- If any antivirus or internet security software is interfering with Roblox, temporarily disable it.
- Reinstall Roblox if nothing else works.
- Make sure that your Internet Explorer is updated to the latest version. Even if you are not using it as a browser, it is important for you to install the updated version of IE on your Windows machine in order for Roblox to work properly.
- To prevent any issues in the future it is suggested that all programs are closed on your device before installing or updating Roblox.