The availability of tons of cloud-based video conferencing apps has changed our online meeting pattern up-side-down. One such app that gained huge popularity in a short span of time is “Zoom”. Available on platforms like macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, etc, Zoom has all the features that we hope for. Despite being a very sophisticated product Zoom is still not absolutely flawless. Every now and then, some issues can cause a lot of troubles for Zoom users. You are at the right place in case your Zoom application is not working. In this post, you will find the easiest yet effective solutions to fix some of the most common Zoom app problems.
Zoom System Requirements
Before we move on to discuss various Zoom issues and their solutions. You should know about Zoom System Requirements. One of the main reasons why Zoom doesn’t work for many users is that their device doesn’t meet the system requirement. So, if your Zoom app is also underperforming then you should ensure that your device meets the following system requirements.
- A fast and smooth Internet connection – broadband or wireless (3G or 4G)
- Microphone and speakers (Wireless Bluetooth speakers and USB microphone will also work)
- A webcam (built-in or USB plug-in)
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later
- Windows 10 (Devices running Windows 10 must run Windows 10 Home, Pro, or Enterprise. S Mode is not supported.)
- Mint 17.1 or higher
- Ubuntu 12.04 or higher
- Oracle Linux 6.4 or higher
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 or higher
- CentOS 6.4 or higher
- ArchLinux (64-bit only)
- OpenSUSE 13.2 or higher
- Fedora 21 or higher
Supported Browser by Zoom
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- macOS: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
|Processor||Single-core 1 Ghz or higher||Dual-core 2Ghz or higher (Intel i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)|
|RAM||Not applicable||4 GB|
|Bandwidth Requirements (meetings and Panelist)|
|For 1:1 video calling||600kbps (up/down) for high-quality video 1.2Mbps (up/down) for 720p HD video Receiving 1080p HD video requires 1.8Mbps (up/down) Sending 1080p HD video requires 1.8Mbps (up/down)|
|For group video calling||800kbps/1.0 Mbps (up/down) for high-quality video For gallery view and/or 720p HD video: 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down) Receiving 1080p HD video requires 2.5Mbps (up/down) Sending 1080p HD video requires 3.0Mbps (up/down)|
|For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail)||50 – 75 Kbps|
|For screen sharing with video thumbnail||50 – 150 Kbps|
|For audio VoiP||60 – 80 Kbps|
|For Zoom Phone||60 – 100 kbps|
|Recommended Bandwidth for webinar attendees|
|For 1:1 video calling||600kbps (down) for high-quality video and 1.2Mbps (down) for HD video|
|For screen sharing only (no video thumbnail)||50-75kbps (down)|
|For screen sharing with video thumbnail||50-150kbps (down)|
|For audio VoiP||60-80kbps (down)|
What are the common Zoom app problems and issues?
Just like other video conferencing applications, Zoom is also prone to some inevitable errors and issues. A lot of different issues are faced by various users from time to time. We have listed some of the most common Zoom app problems as given below.
- Unable to receive emails from Zoom
- My video/ camera isn’t working on Zoom
- Zoom client not working with macOS
- Zoom rooms are not working with macOS
- Can’t send problem reports on Zoom
- Not able to install Zoom on my Windows 10 computer
- Zoom stopped working all of a sudden
- Zoom app loading very slowly on Android phone
- Not able to run Zoom through a web browser
- Zoom not working on the google chrome browser
- Video and Audio is not clear on the Zoom app
- Not able to send a meeting invite through the Zoom application
- Unable to join a meeting on Zoom
- Zoom meeting hanging now and then
You should know that we have listed all the above issues just to give some suitable examples of the problem that you might face while using Zoom. However, the reality is that these are not the only problems with the app. In fact, there is a wide range of errors that can hinder the workflow of Zoom. But, the positive thing is that if you know the right process, you can get rid of most of the Zoom issues quite easily.
How to fix Zoom app issues?
The solution to zoom problems depends upon the exact issue you are dealing with. It is important to resolve the root cause of a problem in order to fix the issue permanently. Given below are the solutions to some of the most common Zoom app problems.
Problems in Launching Zoom app from a browser
Zoom Apps is designed to work flawlessly with most browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. Given below are the steps by which you can launch the Zoom app on different web browsers.
How to Launch Zoom on Google Chrome?
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer
- Visit join.zoom.us.
- Enter the meeting ID that you got from the meeting host/ organizer.
- Then, click “Join”.
- Next, you have to click on the “Open Zoom Meetings” if you are working on a PC or, click on “Open Zoom.us” if you are using Mac.
Launch Zoom on Safari
- Run “Safari” on your PC/ laptop
- Go to “join.zoom.us”.
- Then, enter your meeting ID (ID that you will get from your host/ organizer.
- Next, click on the “join” button.
- After that, you need to click on the “Allow” button to launch the Zoom app.
Launch Zoom on Firefox
- Open the Firefox web browser on your computer.
- Then, visit “join.zoom.us”
- Next, enter the meeting ID provided by the organizer/ host.
- After that, you have to click “Join”.
- In case this is your 1st time joining from Firefox, you may be asked to open zoom or the zoom installer package.
- You may skip this step in the future by checking the box against “Remember my choice for zooommtg links”
- Finally, click on “Open Link”.
Zoom not sending email invites
Through zoom, you may easily send email invites to others so that they can join you for the meeting. In case you are not able to send invites due to some reasons then you should check out the following troubleshooting measures.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Ensure that you are not making any typing mistake while entering the email address of participants.
- Contact your receipts by another method and ask them to check the invitation in other folders such as spam, etc.
- You may consider sending invites by other mediums such as Whatsapp in case you are still not able to send Zoom invites via emails.
How to Reset Zoom App Password?
Fortunately, Zoom has provided a fairly simple method by which you can reset the password. If you don’t have to worry if you forgot Zoom password. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to visit the following URL using a compatible web browser – zoom.us/forgot_password.
- Next, provide your email address along with the captcha code that will appear on your screen. You may use the following options in case the captcha code is too difficult to read.
- Click the “Refresh icon” to change the code. Or
- Click the “Audio icon” to get the captcha code by Audio.
- Then, you have to click on the “Send” button.
- After that, you will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
- Click on the password recovery link and provide a new password for your Zoom account. Please note that the password recovery link that you will receive will remain valid 24 hours or until you send another reset-password email
- Enter the new password one more time for confirmation.
- Finally, you just need to click “Save”. The zoom password recovery process is now over. You will also receive an email confirmation that your password has been reset.
Note: In case you do not receive a confirmation email regarding the password reset, please check your Spam folder and confirm that email@example.com is allowed for your inbox. Sometimes, it may take around 30 minutes or longer for you to receive an email.
Steps to fix Zoom Account does not exist
Sometimes, when you try to log into your account you may have to face an error message i.e. “Account does not exist”. This message is a clear indication that Zoom’s system did not find a Zoom account to match the email address and password that you have provided. In such a situation, you can try the following solutions.
- Make sure that you are entering your email address or username correctly.
- Confirm that you are not making any kind of typing mistake while entering your password.
- Next, you should try to log in with your Facebook or Google account.
- In case have a business or education account, try logging in with a single sign-on (SSO) at your vanity URL, ex. myorganization.zoom.us