Amazon Alexa is the most advanced and feature-rich virtual assistant service available today. Apart from controlling your smart home appliances, Alexa also enables you to control your mobile accessories through the voice command. However, you should note that in order to be used with Alexa, your mobile accessories should be compatible. Once you are done setting up your mobile accessories (headphone etc.) with Alexa, you will be able to play music, request information, news etc. using your voice commands.
In order to use Mobile Accessories via Alexa, it is necessary that you have Alexa app installed on your mobile phone. This post is for those users who are wondering how to use Alexa on mobile accessories. Here, we will take you through the detailed steps to configure Alexa with mobile accessories from scratch.
What are the requirements to use Alexa on a Mobile Accessory?
In order to use Alexa on your Mobile accessories, you need to have the following things.
- An Amazon account.
- The latest version of Alexa app installed on your mobile phone.
- A compatible mobile accessory with enabled Alexa.
- The latest update from your mobile accessory manufacturer.
System Requirements for Alexa App
As you can see, it is necessary to have the latest version of Alexa App installed on your mobile phone in order to use Alexa with your mobile accessory. The Alexa App also has its own system requirement as given below:
- Android 5.1 or higher for Android users
- iOS 10.0 or higher for iPhone users
- Enough storage to store app data.
How to download Alexa on Android/ iPhone?
Here are the steps by which you can get Alexa app on your mobile phone.
- First of all, you need to open the play store on your android phone or app store on your iPhone.
- Then, tap on the search box and type “Alexa App”.
- After that, you should tap the search button.
- Select the “Amazon Alexa” app from the search result.
- Finally, Tap on the “Install” button.
Alexa app will be downloaded and install automatically after tapping the “Install” button.
How to enable Alexa on Mobile Accessories?
After installing Alexa app on your phone, you need to enable Alexa on your mobile accessories by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to pair your mobile accessory with your phone’s Bluetooth.
- Choose “Alexa Devices” from the Alexa app menu.
- After that, you have to tap on the “Add Alexa device” button followed by “Alexa-enabled Headphones”.
- Then, you need to select the exact mobile accessory you are using and follow the instructions that will appear on your Alexa app.
After completing the setup, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of Alexa on your mobile accessories.
Unable to use Alexa on Mobile Accessories
In case you are not able to use Alexa on your Mobile accessories then you should check the instructions given below:
- Clear all the Bluetooth connections that are previously paired with your mobile accessories.
- Make sure your mobile accessories are perfectly paired with your phone’s Bluetooth.
- In case the problem continues then it is possible that your accessory is not compatible with Alexa. In such cases, you need to contact the manufacturer of your mobile accessories.