Chase mobile application allows the users to use all their banking services at their fingertips. The application can be easily installed in Android or iPhone device and all its features can be accessed easily. However, you won’t able to enjoy all these features if your Chase mobile app does not work properly. The Chase app not working is a pretty common problem that can come in different forms and trouble the users. To fix the Chase app not working 2021 issue whenever encountered, this article provides some easy solutions for the users.
Things you can do with your Chase Mobile app
Your Chase mobile application allows you to perform a number of banking tasks with ease from your home. Some features however, are available only for eligible accounts. Check out the list if things you can do with your Chase app.
- You can check your account balance and see your transaction history.
- Users will be able to deposit checks using the Chase QuickDepositSM from their camera-equipped mobile device.
- Money can be transferred very easily between eligible Chase accounts.
- You can schedule bill payments to payees but only if you are signed up for Chase OnlineSM Bill Pay.
- Payment to your Chase credit card from any registered pay-from account can also be scheduled if you have signed up with Chase Online to make electronic payments to that card.
- One can easily send money using the recipient’s email address or mobile phone number and Chase QuickPaySM. It is not mandatory for the recipient to hold an account with Chase.
- The users can receive customized account alerts so that they can monitor their account activities smoothly.
- You can send money through wire to or from non-Chase accounts in the United States. However, there are certain limitations applicable to that.
- One can easily locate the Chase ATMs and branches closest to you through the Chase mobile application.
- You can find Chase contact and other information easily through the Chase mobile application.
Reasons for Chase app stopped working
There can plentiful of reasons why your Chase app is not working in the way it should. A list of the few common reasons that creates the Chase app not working issue and prevents the users from working efficiently with it is given below:
- The most common reason behind the Chase app not working is a slow internet speed.
- An operating system that is not up-to-date will not allow Chase app to work properly whether it is an Android device or iOS device.
- Your device in which you are running Chase app does not meet the system requirements.
- In case there is any third-party software running in your system, it can interfere with the working of Chase app.
- If you are using Chase mobile application of older version, issues like Chase app stopped working, Chase app not responding, etc will occur.
- There is a server error causing issue with your Chase mobile app.
- Sometimes, presence of viruses in your device can also create problem with the working of Chase app.
- In case your Chase account has been blocked or its security has been compromised, Chase app not responding issue will occur.
- There is some settings error with your Chase app that is not allowing it to work properly.
- If your device is running out of space, working problems will occur with many applications installed in your device including Chase app.
Chase app system requirements
Make sure that your system meets the basic system requirements as mentioned below for Chase app to work without any issue.
Required operating systems
- Windows operating system: Windows 7 and higher
- Macintosh operating system: Mac OS Yosemite (version 10.10 and higher)
How to start using Chase Mobile app?
If you are a new customer of JP Morgan Chase bank and facing troubles in using the Chase app, follow the simple steps as discussed below.
- Go to the app store or official Chase website and download the Chase Mobile app.
- Open the application and sign in to your account using your login credentials.
- The first time you sign in, you will be asked to verify that you own the account you want to run on your device.
- For this, a temporary identification code will be sent via phone, email or text message.
- Enter this code to complete the verification process.
- Sign in to your account via the Chase app and get started.
Chase app password not working- ways to resolve this
To sign in to your Chase mobile app, it is mandatory to provide a password. Without a password, login to your Chase account will not be possible. However, in case you face the ‘password of Chase app not working’ issue, here’s how you can fix this.
- Launch the Chase mobile app in your device and click on the forgot username or password link present below the sign-in button.
- Next, you will be prompted to verify that the account whose password you are trying to recover belongs to you.
- Chase will identify both you and your account, which can be done by using one of the following methods as per your convenience- your social security number, your tax ID, authorized business user or pending applications.
- Depending on your choice, you may be asked to provide any one of your Chase account number, card number, email address or an ID number.
- Enter the details and follow the instructions on the screen to successfully reset Chase app password.
Note: You can also recover Chase username through the above explained method. If the discussed method does not work for you, you can contact on the number given on the back of your card.
Hacked Chase account- how to fix this?
A hacked Chase account will create the Chase app stopped working or issues similar to that. If you suspect in any way that your account has been hacked, do not forget to carry out these safety measures.
- Keep tab of your accounts and bank statements every month and of your credit report at least once a year. If you notice any transactions or account elated activity you don’t recognize, act quickly.
- Notify the bank and all financial companies as soon as you realize your identity has been stolen or an account is at risk. The bank will help you correct any unauthorized transactions, fix any incorrect information sent to the credit reporting agencies and help protect you from any future identity theft or account fraud.
- Download Chase Identity Theft Kit in order to protect your account from identity theft.
- Call the fraud departments of credit reporting agencies and ask them to place a fraud alert on your file.
- File a report of Chase account identity theft with your local police.
- It is also important to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). You can either call the trained counselors staff the FTC’s identity theft on toll free hotline number or can file a complaint by going to www.ftc.gov/idtheft.
- Fill out the Identity Theft Affidavit (PDF), which will help you when you tell other companies an identity thief has opened a new account in your name.
Some basic fixes for Chase app not working 2021 issue
Discussed above were the specific solution for the specific issues related to Chase app stopped working. Some common solutions to resolve the Chase app not working 2021 issue are provided below. Follow these steps one by one to see if your problem gets fixed.
- In case there are any issues with your internet connectivity, fix it by disconnecting, restarting and then reconnecting your router and device.
- If not already, download the latest updates of Chase mobile app.
- Install all the important operating system updates in your device to fix the Chase app not working issue.
- In case there is an interference due to third-party application running in your device temporarily disable such applications for the time you are working with Chase app.
- In case your device is running low on disk space, make some space to solve the Chase app not responding issue.
- Make sure that there is no virus infection in your device. Run system scan using a good antivirus program and if threat is found, remove it immediately.
- If the reason behind the Chase app not working issue is down server, you need to wait for this problem to be fixed at the Chase end.