PlayStation 4 or PS4 is an awesome piece of hardware designed and developed by Sony for enthusiastic gamers. This console is created for high-end gaming and it includes a lot of cool features & functions. However, like all other gaming consoles it also prone to some technical hiccups including disc errors, turning off without warning, etc. There are many troubleshooting measures that you can try in order to fix your PS4 at home. In this post, we will discuss why your PS4 is not working and how you can fix it with ease.
How to fix different PS4 Problems?
There are a lot of PS4 issues that can cause a variety of problems with gamers. These problems include disc error, PS4 turning off suddenly, etc. Given below are some common PS4 solutions along with the solution.
PS4 Turning off randomly/ PS4 switched off without warning
This is one of the most common problems related to the PS4. Such issues can appear alongside the console not turning on when we push the power button. During this problem, you will see a blinking blue light or blinking red light on the console in place of white light. You should follow the steps given below in order to fix it.
- Firstly, you should check the HDMI cable. Make sure it working properly. To check the same, you may connect it to the other device.
- Similarly, you should also check the hard drive. In case the hard drive is not working properly then your PS4 can get switched off all of a sudden.
- Also, confirm that your PS4 console is well-ventilated. It is advised that you should place your console in a slightly open area.
- In case the problem continues then you may contact Sony for replacement.
No disc inserted still PS4 trying to eject
Sometimes, you may find your PS4 console trying to eject a disc even though there is no disc inserted. Well, you are not alone, there are many other users who are facing exactly the same issue.
- First of all, you need to unplug all the wires from your PS4 including Audio cable, Power cable, Ethernet, and HDMI.
- Then, wait for some time and press the power button and wait for the PS4 light up for half a second. Please note that this light will turn on even after your power cable is unplugged.
- After that, you need to plug the PS4 back in and get back to gaming.
- Re-plugging the power cord will most probably fix the problem. However, if the problem continues then you have to get the PS4 repaired.
What are the steps to fix PS4 Audio and Video Problems?
Problems with Audio and Video are quite common among PS4 users. These problems include issues like PS4 missing audio, PS4 video missing, both audio and video on working on PS4. Go through the solutions that you can try in order to fix this problem.
- You should note that PS4 uses an HDMI cable that carries both audio and video signals. Similarly, it also uses an optical cable that carries audio signals only. In case a user is not able to see or hear anything from PS4 it is quite possible that there is a problem with the connection through HDMI or optical cable. To fix this, you must check the following things.
- Ensure that the HDMI cable you are using is flush and not held out by a small piece of metal.
- Try a new HDMI cable in case the problem continues.
- You may also try a new HDTV.
In case the system works properly on a new HDTV then you must open “Sound and Screen” under “Settings”. Next, you should manually set the video output to the TV. Switch the console off and then move it back to the other HDTV and start playing video and audio.
In case some small pieces of metal preventing an HDMI cable from plugging in then you may bend them a little for a better fit.
PS4 Hanging/ Freezing while playing games
The issues like PS4 hanging and freezing while playing games are often reported by the users. Such problems can be immensely frustrating especially if you are playing the game with utmost interest. A user should do the following things in order to fix this problem with ease.
- First of all, ensure that you are using an updated version of PS4. Sony keeps releasing new software updates for PS4 for better performance. Using an obsolete version of Sony software can often result in hanging and freezing.
- Some of us enthusiastic PS4 fans play games for prolonged hours. This often results in overheating of console and hanging of games. The problem of overheating can also occur if the console is in an enclosed entertainment center or not placed on a smooth surface. Moving PS4 to a more ventilated and open area can greatly prevent hanging and freezing at the time of a prolonged gaming session.
My PS4 constantly showing Black Screen Flickers/ PS4 Black Screen Flickers problem
At the time of playing games on PS4, we can constantly encounter black screen flickers. The main reason behind this problem is an issue with the HDMI cable. Given below are some generic solutions that you can try in order to fix the Black Screen Flickers problem on a PS4.
- First of all, you need to replace the HDMI cable that you are using to connect to your HDTV. If possible, you may also try a different HDMI connection.
- In case a new HDMI Cable does not help you then you can set the PS4 video output 720p.
How to resolve PS4 “Blue line of death”?
The problem of PS4 “Blue line of death” is quite notorious in nature. At the time of this issue, your PS4 starts behaving in a stubborn way and all it shows is just a blue line. This issue can occur due to various software and hardware malfunction. Given below are some troubleshooting steps that you can follow in order to fix this problem.
- First of all, you need to update your Television’s firmware. Updating firmware can greatly resolve the compatibility issue.
- After that, you should have a look at both HDMI ports available on your TV and on your PS4 to look for any damages or abnormalities. Also, see if there is an issue with the HDMI cable. You may also try new alternate HDMI cables.
- Check and make sure that there is no problem with the power supply. To reset the power supply, you may disconnect the AC Power Cord from the electrical outlet and plug it back in. You should also check the AC IN connector for abnormalities.
- Confirm that your hard drive is working properly.
- In case nothing works then you may reset the controller. Press and hold the PS button and wait for the system light to turn orange. Then, press the PS button once again until the light turns white.
PS4 blinking red indicator light
Another widespread related to the PS4 is “Red line of Death”. In this type of problem, a red light indicator at the side of the console will flash continuously. Flashing of red light often accompanies with emitting of three distinct beeps. The main reason behind this problem is overheating of the console. Here are the solutions that you can try to fix this issue.
- First of all, you should give your PS4 console some rest if you are using it for a long time. Disconnect power supply and connect it back again after the PS4 sufficiently cools down.
- It is also recommended that you should place your PS4 console in a well-ventilated area to make sure that has some breathing space. According to some users, this type of problem of overheating also gets fixed after placing the console vertically.
PS4 not connecting to the Wifi
Many PS4 users report that are not able to connect to the Wifi. You can solve such problems quite easily by following the measure below.
- Unplug your router and plug it back again after waiting for some time.
- Delete the wifi connection on your PS4 console and connect it once again.
- See the location of your router. Try to place it a bit higher where there is no obstruction.
- Update your PS4 console in case the problem persists for a longer time.