Amazon Prime video or simply called as Prime video is a video on demand service offered by Amazon. You can watch, stream and download various movies, TV shows, Prime original shows, etc on Prime video. However, all this experience can come to a halt in case any issues occur with Prime video. Prime video not working is a pretty common issue that comes in different forms to trouble the users. When this happens, the users can fix it if they know the right steps for the same. In this article, basic troubleshooting to fix the Prime video not working 2021 issue is provided.
Things to check before troubleshooting Prime video not working 2021 issue
Before you proceed with the troubleshooting of the Prime video not working, it is suggested that you check a few things first.
- First of all, make sure that your prime membership is active and has not expired.
- Check if there is any issue with your internet connection. Load a web page on any browser. If the page does not load properly you are having troubles with your internet connection. To fix this, set a new connection between your device and router after restarting them both. If this does not work, contact your internet service provider.
- Airplane mode should not be turned on in your device.
- The Prime video mobile application must be updated to its latest version.
- If you are opening Prime video Prime video on any browser, the browser must be updated to its latest version. If any extension or plug-in is preventing Prime video from running, pause it temporarily.
- All the important operating system updates should be installed in the device in which you are opening Prime video.
Common errors with Amazon Prime video
The Prime Video not working 2021 error is not just a single issue but can present itself in several forms. Check out some common forms in which the Prime video not working issue can occur.
- Prime video login not working
- Issues while playing Prime video titles
- Problem in creating Prime video account
- Prime video password not working
- Prime video PIN not working
- Prime video stopped working on Chrome
- Prime video not responding on Android
- Prime video live streaming not working
- Prime video downloaded files not playing
- Prime video promotional code not working
Simple ways to fix Prime video stopped working 2021
There are different ways in which the different issues related Prime video stopped working can be fixed. Most of these methods are quite simple and can be followed by the users to solve the Prime video not responding and related issues.
Issues while playing Prime video titles
Sometimes, it happens that you are unable to play Prime Video titles. Generally, this issue comes along with error codes such as 1007, 1022, 7003, 7005, 7031, 7135, 7202, 7203, 7204, 7206, 7207, 7230, 7235, 7250, 7251, 7301, 7303, 7305, 7306, 8020, 9003, 9074. To fix the issues while playing Prime video titles, you can try the following troubleshooting methods.
- Close the Prime video application or web browser in which Prime video is playing. Restart your device and try playing Prime video now.
- In case it is buffering a lot while playing the video title, make sure that there is not much load on your internet connection. Temporarily pause any activity that is using your internet while playing Prime video titles.
- If you’re having issues with playing back Prime Video content, ensure that your device (such as a web browser, smart TV or mobile phone) is up to date with all of the latest software updates installed.
- If you are able to connect to the Internet on other devices on the same network, update your connected device’s DNS settings. Please check with your device’s manufacturer for steps on how to do this.
- If you are attempting to control a device using Alexa, try to unpair then re-pair the device in the Alexa app.
- Disable any VPN or proxy servers.
- If your device is connected to a TV or an external display, ensure that your HDMI cable and display is compatible with HDCP 1.4 (for HD content) or HDCP 2.2 (for UHD/HDR content).
Prime Video Live Streams not playing
Problems while watching live streams or events on Prime video is very common but that doesn’t make them bearable. To solve this issue whenever it occurs, there are a few things you can try on your own.
- Make sure that you are watching Prime video on a supported device.
- There should be sufficient download speed for live stream to play. Prime Video recommends a minimum download speed of 1MB/s for SD content and 5MB/s for HD content.
- In case you experience any juddering or excessive motion blur while playing live steam videos on Prime video turn the Motion setting on your TV to Off. There can be different names for this setting depending on your TV manufacturer.
PIN of Prime Video not working
Error codes while entering Prime video PIN occurs and your PIN does not work at such times. If you see error codes such as 5014 or 5016 while entering your Prime video PIN, here is how you can fix this problem.
- Sometimes, unknown factors do not allow Prime video to accept your PIN at the moment. Wait for a few minutes before entering the PIN and then try again.
- It may be the case where you are entering your PIN incorrectly. If so, visit Prime video settings and edit your PIN number. Do so on the device you are facing issues while entering the PIN.
Note: Prime Video PINs only apply to the device they have been set on. For every device you want to use Parental Controls, you have to set a PIN individually.
How to fix Prime video error 5004?
The error code 5004 on Prime video occurs during signing in to the account. It mainly happens if the email address or password you are using to log in to Prime video account are incorrect. To fix this make sure that the email address and password you are using to log in with are correct. If the issues persist, you can visit the Forgot Your Password to reset your Prime video password.
How to fix Prime video error 7235?
Error code 7235 on Prime Video mainly occurs while accessing Prime video on a desktop via Google Chrome browser. Few troubleshooting measures that the users can try to fix this issue are discussed below.
- Make sure that your Chrome is updated to its latest version. You can check for the available updates by going to Settings > About Chrome. If you see any updates available, download and install the same immediately.
- Open your Chrome browser, type chrome://components into the address bar and press the ‘enter’ key. Click on ‘Check for Update’ option available under Widevine Content Decryption Module and install any available updates
Issues with Prime video payment and order errors
Sometimes, problems while making a payment with Prime Video orders occurs. When this happens, you see the following error codes on your screen- 2016, 2021, 2023, 2026, 2027, 2028, 2029, 2040, 2041, 2043, 2044, 2047, 2048, 7035. Try the following measures to fix the issue.
- Check your payment settings and 1-Click settings. If you are using Apple payment method on iOS, make sure that the payment details you have provided Apple under your iTunes & App Store settings are up to date. Check your Digital Orders to see the option to update payment details.
- If trying to make payment via a debit/ credit card, contact your bank to resolve the issue.
- If nothing else works, you can switch to a different payment method.
Prime Video sign in not working/ Prime Video sign out not working
Issues while signing in or signing out of Prime Video are very common and are accompanied with error codes such as 5005. When you see this error on your screen, follow the steps given below to fix the issue.
- Sometimes, temporary connection issues create some issues while signing in or out of your Prime video account. Wait for some time and then try signing in or out again.
- Make sure that you are entering the correct password for signing in to your Prime video account. If you are not able to recall your password, you can reset Amazon password.
- For issues while signing out of Prime video account, go to Prime Video Settings > Your Devices. Click on the Deregister button next to your device to remove it. Now try signing in and out again.
Promotional codes and gift cards on Prime video not working
To troubleshoot Prime Video error codes such as 2039 which occurs when you are trying to use promotional codes or gift cards, try the following:
- Ensure that the gift card or promotional code has been entered correctly. Some promotional codes cannot be used on Prime Video purchases, so make sure of that.
- Make sure that you have not already used the gift card or promotional code that ypu are trying to use now.
- Update your 1-Click settings if not already.