Zelle provides a simple, secure and fast way of transferring money to others by simply linking your bank account with it. The money is transferred directly to the bank account of the receiver within minutes. To get started, you simply need to enroll your email address or mobile number with Zelle. However, as simple as it sounds using Zelle, there are time when the users start facing difficulty while using Zelle for money transfer. Zelle not working 2021 is one of the most common issues faced by the users. Good thing is that there are some easy ways to fix the Zelle stopped working issue and the users can follow them without requiring much expertise. Some of the ways to fix this issue are provided here in this article.
Common issues while using Zelle and how to fix them
Common issues with Zelle include Zelle not working, problem while adding card to Zelle, issues in enrolling mobile number or email address in Zelle, Zelle not responding, etc. These issues are counted among basic issues and can be fixed by the users easily on their own. Below here are discussed some common problems that occur while using Zelle and how to fix them. Keep reading for more details.
Zelle not working 2021
Sometimes, you might receive an error message saying that your card is ineligible at the time of trying to make a payment using Zelle. If this happens, check out some basic things you can try to solve the issue.
- First of all, make sure that you are using the latest version of Zelle application. If not already, download and install all the important updates now.
- The debit card or credit card linked to your Zelle account must be from a bank account in US. If added cards from financial institutions outside of the Zelle Network, problem will occur.
- Check your internet connection to be sure that the Zelle not working 2021 problem is not due to a slow internet. If so, contact your internet service provider for its solution.
- The card information that you have entered in Zelle such as name, zip code, etc. must be correct. In case you find any kind of error in these details, you need to correct it immediately. For this, you are required to contact the Zelle customer service phone number.
- Some debit cards cannot receive money in minutes and take certain time. Such debit cards are known to be not ‘fast funds enabled’. If you are using such cards with Zelle, Zelle not working problem will occur. Remove these cards and use a card that is fast funds enabled.
Note: In case your card gets fast funds enabled in the future, such cards can again be used with Zelle without any issue.
Unable to enroll mobile number in Zelle
Sometimes, the users face certain difficulty while trying to enroll their mobile number in Zelle. This mainly happens if your mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle at a different bank or credit union or it already enrolled with clearxchange.com.
If you want to enroll any such mobile number with Zelle, it is necessary that your mobile number is removed from where it was initially enrolled. In order to do so, you need to contact the customer support team of where you initially enrolled and ask to remove your mobile number. If you aren’t sure where you initially enrolled, you can also contact Zelle Support or get in touch through their support page at zellepay.com/support/contact. After your mobile number is successfully removed from the previous network, you can enroll that mobile number with Zelle.
Note: Similar to mobile number, if you are unable to enroll your email address with your Zelle account, it must be enrolled some place else. Remove your email id from that network and enroll it successfully with Zelle to fix the Zelle not working problem.
Trouble while enrolling debit card with Zelle- Ways to fix this
Just like issues occur while enrolling mobile number or email address to Zelle, problems occur while trying to enroll your debit card. When a user tries to enroll their debit card with Zelle, they receive an error message saying ‘Profile Locked: For security reasons your account has been locked. Please contact customer service’. If this happens to your card while linking it with Zelle account, few things that you can try to fix this are listed below.
- Make sure that the card you are trying to enroll is tied to a bank account in the US.
- Check the validity of your card. In case your card has expired, you will not be able to use it with Zelle.
- Entering incorrect details of your debit card in Zelle account can create issues while enrolling the card. Make sure that you enter only correct details.
- Cards linked to international accounts, gift cards or pre-paid cards from financial institutions outside of the Zelle Network cannot be linked to Zelle. If you are attempting to add such card, it will not be successful. Try adding another card.
- You cannot link more than one card currently with Zelle. In case you are attempting to add multiple cards, issue will occur. To add a new card, you first need to remove the old card.
Zelle stopped working- Change account used to send and receive money
Unable to use a certain bank account with Zelle is a vey common issue. Certain unknown issues with your account might prevent you from linking it to Zelle. If this is the case with you, you can easily change your account directly within your Zelle app. Follow the instructions given below to switch your account in Zelle:
- Launch Zelle application in your device.
- Click on the gear icon present in the top left corner of your screen
- Tap on Account option and then select Switch Accounts.
- Next, you will be asked to unlink your current account and add a new account.
- Remove the existing account and add a new bank account with Zelle.
Note: By switching account on Zelle, all Zelle transaction history associated with the old account will be lost. If you’re using Zelle through your bank or credit union’s mobile app or online banking, you need to contact their support or check their FAQs for changing accounts.
My card details don’t seem to be working. What can I do?
A card added to your Zelle account will not work under various circumstances. As already discussed, if your card is tied to a bank account outside US, it will not work with your Zelle account. Also, it is important to make sure that the bank from which the card is issued supports Zelle.
Details like name, Address, city, state, zip code, debit card number, expiration date, CVV number, etc must be entered correctly while linking your card to Zelle account.
In case everything is right and you are still experiencing debit card on Zelle not working issue, you need to call the customer service phone number given on the back of your card. Tell them the issue you are facing and they will provide you the solution to fix the issue.
Problem in canceling Zelle account
There is no direct way of canceling Zelle account and if you want to cancel or deactivate your account, you can do so by calling on the Zelle customer support phone number. You can ask the executives why you want to delete your Zelle account and they will delete your account on your behalf.
If you are using Zelle through your mobile banking app, you need to contact your bank or credit union to cancel your Zelle service.